How to hook up a commercial gas line

Old 02-25-10, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to hook up a commercial gas line

My wife is opening a restaurant and the plumber told me he had to install a "blue" gas line to our griddle, fryer and residential range with a quick connect. He said I could not use the yellow gas line. We are not going to put the appliances on casters and I thought we only needed the blue/quick connectors if we had it on casters??

Can someone shed some light in on this and if you know where it states this in the code book I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-10, 02:10 PM
The quick connect should only be required for a castered appliance, but the blue jacket commercial connectors would be required, because the residential ( yellow ) are not rated for the external "stuff" which will get on them....grease, cleaners, etc.
The local inspector will have the final word.

Old 02-26-10, 02:22 PM
Question

Most of the codes pertaining to food prep. areas are usually under the health department, you may have to do it their way reguardless of what the gas or plumbing inspector say.

Old 02-28-10, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the replies. I spoke with our health department and they did not know. I have the plumber calling the inspector tomorrow. I did notice that in some restaurants here they have yellow and some have blue....too confusing...