Adding Shower to Roughed in Half Bath

Old 02-27-10, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adding Shower to Roughed in Half Bath

Hey There, I am very new to this so I apologize if my terminology is off. We are currently developing our unfinished basement and I am attempting to tackle it myself. I am now starting to look at the bathroom, I believe the bathroom is already roughed in for a half bath (I will attach pictures). From what I understand the capped pipe in the floor is already set up for a toilet drain, the wall beside this you will see another pipe going up, I assume i can connect a vanity drain as well as vent to that? I am just trying to figure out where to start, would someone be able to look at these pictures and point me in the right direction? maybe even post a diagram of what I need to do? I assume in order to add the shower I am going to have to dig up the concrete around the toilet drain and somewhere there tap in for a shower drain under the cement? and I am not so sure about venting for the shower. The open framed wall to the left is to contain a wet bar on the otherside, I also have to have a bar sink directly on the other side of that. I would appreciate any and all input. Thanks!

oh, on a side note there are water lines in the ceiling right above the bathroom in question. I am assuming that I am able to tap into those to supply water to the toilet, vanity, shower, wet bar.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-10, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

You have to do something with your pctures, they are way too big and you can't make anything out!