Steam radiator vent too close to sill to spin off

Old 03-05-10, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Steam radiator vent too close to sill to spin off

In our apartment, I installed wall hung steam radiators. One is under two windows with steel sills and framing. In order to remove it, I have to remove the radiator. Is it possible to get a stainless steel pipe and a coupling to move the valve beyond the sill? Anyone know where I could get such a pipe? No doubt it would have to be custom made.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-10, 12:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Key word, apartment, may scare most off. If it is an apartment you need to get the permission of the landlord in writing to make any modifications. Where do these steam radiators get their energy? What are you "moving"? A window? Not too clear as to what you have. Any pix?

Old 03-05-10, 05:07 PM
Received 28 Votes on 22 Posts
Chandler, in New York City many of the apartments are owned apart from the building where they are located, what most of us would call a condominium. The owners are pretty much free to do as they please (within laws and building codes) to the interiors of these apartments.

Tomad51, stainless steel pipe fittings are readily available. Grainger is one source although they are primarily a wholesale supplier. Here is their catalog page for stainless steel pipe fittings.

Grainger SS pipe fittings