Installing PVC shower drain onto copper waste pipe

Old 03-30-10, 08:24 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing PVC onto existing copper waste pipe

Hello,

What is best way to attach existing Copper bathtub waste pipe to PVC. I am installing new tub with limited space. The pvc would be just above existing trap and lead to bathtub drain,

thanks.

Last edited by ednorton1; 03-30-10 at 08:58 PM. Reason: wrong title
Old 03-30-10, 08:38 PM
J
Ed,

Can you re-write the question. The title says one thing and the text something different.

Jaz

Old 03-31-10, 06:18 AM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'm not sure if I understand you said "The pvc would be just above existing trap and lead to bathtub drain" do the two line up? is so then use a male trap adapter which is just a 1 1/2 " male fitting with a nut and washer that glues on to the pvc

Old 03-31-10, 08:54 AM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You explaination of the situation isn't really clear, but if you are needing to connect a PVC or ABS drain assembly from the tub to a copper or brass drain line, then a thread adapter with a slip joint nut and washer is probably all you need between the two. (Glue the adapter to the plastic and the nut and washer go on the metal.)

If that won't work, get a Fernco coupling to connect the two.

Old 03-31-10, 09:16 AM
E
Yes, this is what I want to do. The existing drain does not seem like its in bad shape. Turns out that all that i really need to do is install new PVC over flow tube and a new pvc shoe tube. These 2 pieces will be installed to existing line. I thought only option was to install a rubber coupling with clamps, but I dont think i have enough room to use that anyway. Thanks for advice!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: