Sudden kitchen sink low pressure

Old 05-17-10, 11:43 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Sudden kitchen sink low pressure

Hello! My sink has a faucet with one lever, separate sprayer. This moring I was using the sprayer. Turning the sink on and off as I washed my grill. All of the sudden, the pressure to the sink went really low (Hot and cold). After looking it over, our builder/friend came to look at it and said that we should just get a new faucet set. He even came over to help put it in. Now with our new Pfister set, the cold water pressure is fine but the hot still just trickles. No other sinks or dishwasher (next to the sink) seems to be affected. My husband said they checked the cartridges and filter screen etc. We are at a loss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Our old faucet was only 3 years old... we live in a 2000 built home. Never had water pressure issues before. Thanks so much!

Old 05-18-10, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Did you check the pressure/flow out of the cutoff valves under the sink? Disconnect the line from the faucet if possible and direct the flow into a bucket. Or disconnect from valve and attach a new supply line temporarily. It should be a strong stream. If not, its not unheard of for the valves to clog or the washers to break up and block flow.

Just have to trace it back to a known good flow.

Old 05-22-10, 03:51 PM
Received 14 Votes on 10 Posts
Many faucets with external spray hoses have a diverter built into the body of the faucet. Their purpose is to reduce flow to the spout when the sprayer is triggered. Often, these diverters stick. My 30 year old Delta faucet has gone through a couple of them.
Just an idea.
Andy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: