Baking soda and vinegar question

Old 05-29-10, 04:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Baking soda and vinegar question

I have heard that the combination of baking soda and vinegar can be used to clear drains. Would it work for undissolved liquid soap buildup or grease? Thank you in advance for a reply.

Old 05-29-10, 08:06 PM
I dunno but I'm stealing your idea and using it as a viewer suggestion on the mythbusters website.

I think that it's not a good drain cleaner. Baking soda is considered a cleaner because it can be used as an abrasive, vinegar because it can dissolve grease when agitation is applied.
More agitation than fizzy bubbles can supply.

I'm still gonna swipe your idea.

Old 05-29-10, 09:50 PM
Okay guys, yes you can use the combination to try and work out a clog, however, it can't be sitting in water. It only works on slow moving clogs. It also can help clean a surface. BUT, be careful when using on plastic older pipes. My sil broke her's when she put way too much bs. I usually put in a couple tbsp of bs and then slowly start to pour the vin. You will mostly likely need to repeat this process. Good luck.

Old 05-30-10, 10:59 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I knew it works geat for toothpaste spit out in the pipes just wasn't sure about liquid soap. It does make a cool sound workinng its way down the pipe.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: