Square D pressure switch

Old 05-30-10, 02:48 PM
indyhoov's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 85
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Square D pressure switch

I think I need to replace my pressure switch on my well. I had high water pressure (100 lbs. +) and I tapped on the control switch and the pressure started to drop. It is a Square D Pumptrol brand. How do I know which one I need? Is there a model # on the one I have? I couldn't find one unless it is on the bottom or inside the cover.
The pump comes on at 40lbs and cuts off at 60. Does it take a different type of switch since it is on a well?

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-31-10, 05:00 AM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 36,607
Upvotes: 0
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Mike: your cut in and cut out pressures are a little high IMO. Look under the cover for a model number. The switch is adjustable and the instructions for that adjustment is also under the cover. I would have set the cut in about 30 or so and the cut out at 45, but others may have differing opinions and that's why they are adjustable.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: