Should I keep my water tank in my plumbing line?

Old 06-03-10, 10:11 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Should I keep my water tank in my plumbing line?

I have a large water tank within my plumbing lines. I'm not sure what the purpose is though. If I was to shut the well down its not like the water tank does anything for me because the water just shuts off. The lines go into the bottom of this tank and out the top. I'm by no means a plumbing expert, but this doesnt make sense to me.

Plumbing goes as follows: Well to diafram tank to a large metal water tank (bottom), out top of tank, to watersoftener tank, to water filter tank, and then out.

Does this tank serve any purpose or could I take it out? Thanks in advance!!

Old 06-03-10, 05:26 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I never worked on wells but something tells me that the tank belongs there.

Old 06-30-10, 10:15 AM
Z
Received 40 Votes on 39 Posts
hi Tpr430 -

I know almost zero about plumbing but I have a well system and was looking into treating my acidic water. One of the ways is to inject soda ash into the water stream with an external pump.

But here's the thing, some experts recommend putting in a retention tank after the diaphragm tank and before the sediment filter so the chemicals have some time to work on the water. The retention tanks I saw have the water go in the bottom of the tank and out the top as you describe for your tank. They are empty inside.

Just a crazy thought, but I wonder if at one time you had some kind of injection system and now the pump isn't there anymore?

Feel free to totally ignore this! But good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: