Fixing a kitchen sink aerator attachment

Old 06-13-10, 05:00 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixing a kitchen sink aerator attachment

Hi, I have an aerator attachment on my kitchen sink, similar to this:
AQUAFLEX - ACCESORIOS PARA EL HOGAR Y EL JARDIN - HOME AND GARDEN ACCESORIES

The attachment has fallen off at the "swivel/bulby part" and I can't figure out how to re-attach is to the faucet. Do I screw it in, push really hard...or ??

Sorry for the stupid question - I don't want to damage anything further and cause a leak!

Old 06-17-10, 06:43 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
It's not a "push-on". That's for sure. It should be threaded.

Old 06-18-10, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually...I had one very similar...and it WAS just a snap-in/push-in connection. After snapping it back together about 5 times over a couple of days, I went and bought a new one. The surfaces just wear over time and with use...and they get loose and pop apart when you try to adjust it. Like ball joints on a car.

I'd just buy a new one. As you can see by your link...they aren't very expensive.

Old 06-19-10, 06:26 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The only snap-on I've seen is shark-bite & that didn't look like a shark-bite coupling.

Old 06-19-10, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No I didn't mean the connection to the the faucet spout. Thats threaded of course.

I THOUGHT the poster was talking about the swivel part of the aerater. Its kind of like the old ball end shower arms, but you see in the video on the link how you push down for spray and pull up for a stream?

Mine got to the point that when you pushed down or tried to swivel it around, the ball would pop out of the piece thats threaded into the faucet spout. Even though all the threaded connections were tight, it would just pop out. I'm going by memory..but I think after replacing it once or twice over a couple of years, I just wound up replacing the faucet for one with a pullout sprayer.

Now...it could be that the threaded section has broken off inside the spout?

Old 06-19-10, 07:14 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
That's a possibility. The threads could be missing in action. I had something like that happen with a tail pipe. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't screw back into the fitting.

Old 06-28-10, 10:43 AM
P
Thanks!

I think pp was right - the threading is done. I bought a new one and am going to try to remove the rest of the old aerator and put in a brand new version of the same thing. Planning to upgrade the sink/faucet in the next 6 months anyway so hopefully this will do the trick in the meantime.

Thanks for your help with my dumb question!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: