CPVC to Copper connector behind a wall?

Old 06-14-10, 08:50 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPVC to Copper connector behind a wall?

I got a connector to go from 3/4 CPVC to copper that is a sweat on, on one end and the other screws to it with a "rubber" gasket and is cemented on to the cpvc. Can I bury this connector behind a wall or does it have to be accessible and are there any better ones that I can bury?

It's kinda like this one but the other end is sweat on not screw on. Genova 1/2x3/4 Trans Union 53037

My main concern is being able to bury it behind a wall.

Scott

Old 06-14-10, 10:53 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I don't see why you can't bury it but an access door would give you the best of both worlds.

Old 06-14-10, 12:14 PM
W
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would bury it. The odds of a static connection like this failing are probably minimal. If it did fail worst case would be opening the wall.

Old 06-14-10, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wondering...what is the application for this? If a cold water line..it's not really needed I don't think.

And why not just use a SharkBite?

Old 06-14-10, 01:54 PM
S
My house was run with copper but I upsized the lines to 3/4" for the master bath and changed it over to cpvc for the runs through the joists.

So there are two of them one for hot and one for cold water. I didn't think about shark bites until after I had already bought them. But they are on the same basic principal. O-ring used as a gasket.

Thanks everyone for being so quick to respond...

Scott

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: