Broken water pipes behind bathtub wall

Old 07-09-10, 06:48 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Broken water pipes behind bathtub wall

I had a leaky faucet. Neither of my sons-in-law could fix it. All right, I gave the okay for one of them to use pliers to remove the tub faucet. He broke the pipes behind the wall. A plumber came out and installed shutoff valves under the house so I could have water in sink and commode.

How in the heck do we get behind this wall to repair pipes and can we 'T' them off the kitchen plumbing? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Cathy

Last edited by ruidosolady; 07-09-10 at 06:49 PM. Reason: left word out
Old 07-09-10, 08:20 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
broken pipes behind wall

I had a leaking pipe behind the wall in the bathroom.
lucky the wall was not brick or cement. so I cut out a square of the wall and repaired the leak , and repaired the wall also.
best wishes to you.

Old 07-09-10, 09:45 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
So many things wrong here. You should never use pliers except as last resort. Always use the correct wrench. But more to the point you can't remove a bathtub faucet without opening the wall so what the heck were they trying to do with those pliers? There should already be an access panel in the wall behind the bathtub. If not you should make one. Strongly suggest you call the plumber back to do the work. This work is definitely beyond your son-in-law's skill level.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: