No Hot Water Kitchen

Old 07-18-10, 08:50 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No Hot Water Kitchen

I am new to this forum and semi new to plumping. My question is this, I had a kitchen faucet go bad (when using the faucet the flow was bad however when using the hose it was fine for hot and cold water), reviews I read said this happens pretty often with that model. When trying to fix the bad model i turned the hot and cold water off from under the sink. When I turned it back on the cold water was still fine, but the hot water does not get hot and is very low flow. I replaced the whole unit today. This fixed the flow issue the old one had, however still no hot water. I read something might be stuck in the line? etc, however what makes me think this might not be is the hot water was fine until I did something under the sink... Thanks in advance!

Old 07-19-10, 05:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Stop valves sit there year after year and have nothing to do but age. When you turned it off for the repair, most likely the rubber washer dislodged and is stuck in the valve. You will have to turn off the water to the house and drain a little from a low point. Then remove the collar nut on the stop valve and ultimately remove the washer. Replace the washer and reinstall the valve parts. Hopefully that is what happened.

Old 07-19-10, 04:14 PM
H
Received 8 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Might I add

If you are going to the trouble of shutting off house water and working on the stop, go ahead and replace both of them. The new quarter turn ball stops are much superior to the old globe valve style. I can buy these @ HD for under $7 and under five from my plumbing supplier. I am assuming you have compression fittings. If they are sweated it is a little harder.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: