Wilkins Model 70 Pressure Reg.

Old 07-24-10, 11:19 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wilkins Model 70 Pressure Reg.

I have a Wilkins model 70 pressure regulator on my irrigation system. The pressure is much too high, I'd guess 70-80 - will get a guage tomorrow. Question:-
How many C-C turns of the nut are required to see a reduction in the pressure - Should we have it screwed down quite a ways to see an effect? It has still a half-inch to go and becoming stiff to turn and pressure still high.
Any input on this would be appreciated
Thank you,
John R.

Old 07-25-10, 12:25 PM
You have to get a gauge first and see what the pressure is comming out, I know of no way to estimate the pressure by the adjustment screw.

Old 07-25-10, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by jrankin View Post
I have a Wilkins model 70 pressure regulator on my irrigation system. The pressure is much too high, I'd guess 70-80 - will get a guage tomorrow. Question:-
How many C-C turns of the nut are required to see a reduction in the pressure - Should we have it screwed down quite a ways to see an effect? It has still a half-inch to go and becoming stiff to turn and pressure still high.
Any input on this would be appreciated
Thank you,
John R.
Turning the scew CLOCKWISE , "in", INCREASES the pressure!

Old 07-25-10, 08:24 PM
J
Shacko,
thank you, I have installed a gauge and see approx 45, at times dropping to 40. My six Orbit Valves, a two manifold setup are leaking a little from underneath the valves, not the taped joints. Tomorrow I disassemble, check everything and reseal all. I may discard the Orbits and go back to RainBird if this persists.
Appreciate the input.
John R.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: