Unvented kitchen!?

Old 08-25-10, 11:16 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unvented kitchen!?

I don't know if I actually have a question, maybe I want to ask how this was gotten away with and what size vent I need to put in, but apparently the plumbing in my 1917 house (connected to city water & sewer) consists of bathroom plumbing on one side which has a 3" iron pipe going up, connected to the first floor bathroom and second floor water closet, and on the otherside a system for the kitchen sink and laundry... which has no vent stack at all!

I'm doing the roof now, and the house is baloon framed so I don't have to go through too many things to route the pipe and the time is now to get the vent run so I can do the flashing with the shingles...

I'll also be dealing with water leaks, which I half wonder could be relate to the absence of venting, but it could be supply leaks or both..

Old 08-25-10, 02:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
>>>system for the kitchen sink and laundry... which has no vent stack at all!>>what size vent I need to put in,>>I'll also be dealing with water leaks, which I half wonder could be relate to the absence of venting, but it could be supply leaks or both..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: