air in pipes?

Old 10-09-10, 02:40 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
air in pipes?

I live in an 11 year old house. We are on well water. Just within the last couple days the water flow is interrupted with air. I have heard this with the kitchen sink, upstairs shower and toilets. Question 1) what could be causing this? 2) what can I do to fix this, understanding I am fairly ignorant of plumbing repairs outside fixing a leaky faucet or running toilet.

Old 10-09-10, 04:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Need more info. Is your house the only one on the well? Is it a drilled or bored well? Do you have a pressure tank installed? If so, where is it in relation to the pump?
To help you understand it, water is falling back toward your well head, either by a faulty foot valve or a leak in the pipe. Before we go there, fill us in on what you have.

Old 10-11-10, 11:07 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
more info

Yes we are the only house on the well. I dont know if it is bored or drilled. I know it is about 300 ft deep and it has a white pvc looking about 4 or 6 inch pipe the protrudes up out of the ground about 20 or 30 yards away from my house. I dont know if we have a pressure tank. Under the house are 2 real large water tanks. Also we have a rainsoft water treatment system.

Old 10-11-10, 07:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
What are the two large water tanks used for? Are they blue? Your water treatment system may be allowing air to enter the system, so it is possibly a weak link.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: