1-1/2" vent pipe, move ?????

Old 11-03-10, 02:08 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question 1-1/2" vent pipe, move ?????

Hello, thanks for looking and considering my question.

I am going to install a bath faucet coming out of the wall. I ran HEAD ON into the vent pipe. My question is can I ZIG-ZAG it to allow for such?

I need to cut the pipe, install a glue a 90 to the left, then a 90 up, then a 90 right, and finish with a 90 up to the pipe going thru the roof that I just cut. I will be going left approx. 8", up approx. 4" then back to original vent pipe going thru the roof.

Thank You,

Dale in Indy

Old 11-03-10, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
No expert by any means...but could you use 45's instead?

I may be thinking of something else though. Since it's just air...seems like it wouldn't be an issue.

Old 11-03-10, 03:44 PM
Gunguy45--is close, you should use 45s on the line until you get 42in. above any fixture connected to it, then you can use whatever you want; allways use the least amount of angle you can get by with.

Old 11-03-10, 04:14 PM
S
I can't use 45's. I need to go STRAIGHT to the left, then up, and then over and hook back up.

This is inside a drywall wall, I can't get to 42" above a sink vent connection either.

Thanks, more comments are needed and welcome.

Dale in Indy

Old 11-03-10, 05:18 PM
S
Update.................

I went on line thru GOGGLE, and found a plumber that discusses VENTS. Pictures too. He says vents often are HORIZONTAL, but need a slight fall so as rain water NEVER blocks the air flow. Don't want a TRAP so to speak to happen.

I believe I can drop down a bit lower and go the 45 method, which will assure a FALL.

Thanks,

Dale in Indy

Old 11-04-10, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Smith Brother View Post
Update.................

I went on line thru GOGGLE, and found a plumber that discusses VENTS. Pictures too. He says vents often are HORIZONTAL, but need a slight fall so as rain water NEVER blocks the air flow. Don't want a TRAP so to speak to happen.

I believe I can drop down a bit lower and go the 45 method, which will assure a FALL.

Thanks,

Dale in Indy
Thats what that rule applies to, you can't go horizontal until you are 6in. above the fixture the vent is connected to, if you have no choice the way you run it you should be o.k., just don't trap it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: