Potable Water Line Sizing

Old 11-12-10, 12:26 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Potable Water Line Sizing

Was looking to evaluate if my potable water lines need to be resized and needed a chart similar to the following, but for Water Lines.

Natural Gas Generator Pipe Size Chart

I found the link above to be useful for gas lines, and was wondering anyone knows of one that can be used for Pex Piping?

Old 11-12-10, 05:33 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Is there a pressure problem that prompts your question? I have 3/4 Pex in a new bathroom here. There is no reason to have it any bigger than that.

Old 11-13-10, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by fernandof View Post
Was looking to evaluate if my potable water lines need to be resized and needed a chart similar to the following, but for Water Lines.

Natural Gas Generator Pipe Size Chart

I found the link above to be useful for gas lines, and was wondering anyone knows of one that can be used for Pex Piping?
If you could explain why you want to do this it might help with the answer.

When I took my test years ago water sizing was a separate 100 questions, this is not something that's easy for the novice.:NO NO NO:

Old 11-13-10, 04:44 PM
F
My potable water system has a 3/4" line, from the street, to my meter. My meter is 5/8" and then it connects to a 3/4" line. The 3/4" line then feeds 2 manifolds and a Instant Hot Water Heater. The manifolds supply each fixture with 1/2" lines. There is a 3/4" line that leaves the Rinnai and, it too, feeds 2 manifolds. These manifolds also supply each fixture with 1/2" lines. All of these lines are pex tubing.

I was asking the question becasue I am going to be finishing my basement and was wondering if I should change the 3/4" lines to a bigger size, now that the basement is all open?

Thank You

Old 11-14-10, 07:49 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
There is no reason to change the size of the pipes.

Old 11-14-10, 02:44 PM
If you are getting enough volumn with you present system they should be fine to leave the lines the way they are.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: