Old house drainage problem.

Old 11-22-10, 12:13 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old house drainage problem.

I have an old house, I think was built around 1964, I been having problems with the drainage, it is an old house with metal pipes, is there any way or suggestion on what to do, if it is not one bathroom it is the kitchen or the second bathroom, is there a treatment for those pipes or what is the best way to deal with this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Old 11-22-10, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by ccmarnaj View Post
I have an old house, I think was built around 1964, I been having problems with the drainage, it is an old house with metal pipes, is there any way or suggestion on what to do, if it is not one bathroom it is the kitchen or the second bathroom, is there a treatment for those pipes or what is the best way to deal with this issue?

Thank you for your help.
The key thing is what type of pipes do you have?, if in treatment you are talking about chemicals you are wasting your time, post back with your pipe type and you will get better answers.

Old 11-22-10, 02:36 PM
C
How do I know what kind of pipes I have, I know is metal not plastic, looks like those black galvanized pipes, I can only see what is coming out from the wall. It is not copper.

Old 11-22-10, 02:54 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,182 Upvotes on 1,140 Posts
Waste pipe or intake?

Waste line is probably iron

Old 11-22-10, 02:58 PM
C
Sorry!, yeah it is waste pipe.

Old 11-22-10, 03:05 PM
It's probably galv., thats not good news, pipes that old usually have become rusted and deteriorated on the inside, that usually means replacement. You may have copper, scratch it with something and if it becomes shiny it could be copper which would be a good thing.

Old 11-22-10, 03:16 PM
C
It is not copper, so if I try to , I don't know, like rent one of those serpent things to run it through the pipe would be a bad idea?, it will make it worst because I'm going to scrape all the rust in the pipe?. Replacement it is a major thing right?, since that pipe runs under the house foundation.

Old 11-22-10, 03:44 PM
>>>ccmarnaj
It is not copper, so if I try to , I don't know, like rent one of those serpent things to run it through the pipe would be a bad idea?,>> Replacement it is a major thing right?, since that pipe runs under the house foundation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: