small water meters

Old 12-08-10, 10:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
small water meters

I have a small rental building with one service to the building. one of the two tenants has only a sink and toilet water usage. I want to attach a small meter to each of the cold and hot water lines to determine the usage of water from this tenant. I need a recommendation for a pair of small, hopefully inexpensive meters. if the reading dial could face downward it would be ideal.

anyone familiar with these valves and where I might get them?

thank you,

Ed

Old 12-08-10, 01:38 PM
I only found one link on the net that gave a price, I don't know what you call expensive. You might be better off calling a local utility supplier and get a quote from them. Here's the link:https://assuredautomation.com/WM/buy_WM.php

Old 12-08-10, 01:45 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Just a note on the site Shacko posted. It appears to have an invalid security certificate so your browser may kick up a warning but it seems OK.

Old 12-08-10, 09:34 PM
F
Received 37 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Few water meters are made for use with hot water. Further, if you plan on using the meters to bill your tenant (or to issue a credit to the other tenant) then you had best check the landlord/tenant laws in your area to be sure that you are allowed to do such billing. Many such laws have specific requirements on how such billings can be made and if your meters or procedure doesn't comply with the law you could be in a heap of trouble.

Old 12-10-10, 08:33 AM
thanks for the feedback. I did find a company www.watermeters.com that has small meters. 45 for cold, 85 for hot.

this is a small commercial bldg. that the tenants are responsible for inside plumbing, heating, etc. the problem has come up that if, say, the toilet is running....if they dont fix it, I find out a month later with a $200 water bill. I want the meters to able to identify which of the two tenants would be responsible. your right, the billing of this would be tricky, but when the lease renewal time comes around i will try and find a way to implement this.

thanks

Ed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: