Help with toilet pipe from the wall

Old 12-11-10, 03:30 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with toilet pipe from the wall

Ok, I am not very good at these sorts of things. I hope I can explain it right.

A few years ago a friend and I install a baa-day with a T fitting. One side from the wall into the T, then one to the toilet and one to the baa-day.

I moved and disconnected the baa-day piece and wanted to take the T with me so I turned the clamp and all I heard was a lot of water coming through. I ran and turned off the water but not sure what I did but it was a bit messy.

Any ideas? Thanks DIY
sorry I can't spell baa-day

Old 12-11-10, 03:52 PM
E
well all i can think of is that there isnt a shutoff before the T. you were taking the T off with the water on. Or if there is a shutoff before the T, then it sounds like the feed pipe is loose, maybe it was connected with compression fittings and not soldered which may loosen over time

Old 12-11-10, 04:06 PM
W
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
It's spelled "bidet". The first time I saw one was in a place we rented in Spain. I think they were popular in Europe because until recently the toilet paper over there was like using a brown paper bag.

Like ElectricJoe said, it sounds like there was no stop valve at the tee. What you did wrong was disconnect a supply line without determining if the water was shut off. No big deal.

Old 12-11-10, 04:35 PM
J
Ok a few more details.

The shut off valve in the bathroom I did turn off and made sure that the toilet had no mroe water in it. The water didn't come out of the T, it sounded like it was inside the wall

Old 12-12-10, 11:50 AM
What is the brand and model number of the bidet?

Old 12-12-10, 12:39 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jrlvnv1
Ok a few more details.

The shut off valve in the bathroom I did turn off and made sure that the toilet had no mroe water in it. The water didn't come out of the T, it sounded like it was inside the wall
Did you perhaps turn the nipple coming out of the wall and either loosen (threaded nipple) the connection inside the wall or break (soldered copper) the piping in the wall?

Old 12-12-10, 02:23 PM
W
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
I agr5ee with Furd. If the pipe feeding the tee was a threaded nipple you may have unscrewed it from the fitting inside the wall. If there is an escutcheon plate you may be able to pull it away from the wall enough to see inside with a flashlight. If that joint is leaking you might have to open the wall to fix it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: