Tankless and new copper pipes - how is the quality of work?

Old 01-01-11, 09:56 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tankless and new copper pipes - how is the quality of work?

This is the 2nd day of our new tankless water heater installation and repiping the whole house with copper. I just want to share a few pictures to see what you think about the quality of work?

Click on the image to see a larger version plus title and descriptions.
New plumbing pictures by newbee117 - Photobucket

I know nothing about plumbing. and is wondering if this would pass a house inspection when we sell the house. Thanks.

Old 01-01-11, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Looks ok. How much?? I would say $5000 plus and you are trying to justify the cost because it has not meet your expectations??? California is odd compared to east coast.

Mike NJ

Old 01-01-11, 10:28 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are right about the cost, Mike. I was expecting better water pressure from the new pipes, however, it is even lower than before, so I am a little confused.

Old 01-01-11, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Well tell me more about your pros and cons and I will guide you best I can from my experiences.....

Mike NJ

Old 01-02-11, 06:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Have you adjusted the PRV for the correct inlet pressure? The only change I can see readily, and you know I am just a naildriver, is remove those galvanized plumbing straps off the copper and replace with copper straps or plastic. The galvanized ones, being a dissimilar metal, can cause problems down the road. Either do that, or do what I did, and loosen them and slip a piece of rubber under them so they wouldn't touch.
And, being a naildriver, when are you going to address the water damaged floors and joisting. We're ready!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: