Bathroom Sink - Stopped Working

Old 01-04-11, 07:46 PM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathroom Sink - Stopped Working

All,

We had a little drip coming from our bathroom sink. My wife decided to play with the valves underneath the sink to hopefully stop the leak. She can't remember if she turned the hot/cold valve to open or close. Ever since then, the water pressure has been real low. So I tried to tweak with it some more...and now, no water is coming out.

So turning both the hot and cold to the right should close it off right? So turning to the left should open it back. Well...nothing is happening. I turned it almost all the way to the left...and the drip has returned, but nothing is coming out.

Help!

Old 01-04-11, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
No hot or cold? Uncrew the aerator where the water comes out of the faucet. It may be clogged.

Yes righty tighty (off) lefty loosey (on)

Mike NJ

Old 01-04-11, 08:55 PM
Y
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shouldn't I feel some sort of pressure that the water is trying to come through?

Old 01-04-11, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Did you unscrew and remove the aerator?

Then turn the faucet on.

Mike NJ

Old 01-06-11, 06:37 AM
M
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
It could be that the shut off valve is stuck. Either rust or a bad washer could be closing off the seat inside the shut off. However since you have neither hot or cold I would suspect the faucet is bad. If the aerator isn't clogged the the easiest way to check things would be to remove the supply lines at the shut offs and slowly turn the shut offs on. If you get water there and not at the sink then the problem is in the faucet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: