Sewer drain problem and foundation problem

Old 01-08-11, 05:43 AM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sewer drain problem and foundation problem

My house was built 1987 and it is a one story slab my foundation was repaired about two years ago and now my drainage system is in a mess . I want to repair my drainage system and I had one Plumbing company to do the scope test which i paid $480.00 and I had two breakdown , a two inch pipe for my toilet in the wash room area and a four inch pipe for the main line in front of my house cause by the roots of the tree. My question is does this sewer problem causes my foundation to be affected? Because right know I have a gap between my wall and ceiling in the middle of the house close to my wash room area.

Old 01-09-11, 10:38 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 357 Likes on 319 Posts
It's hard to be definite whether one is caused by the other, but generally foundation problems occur when there is excess water where there shouldn't be. Leaking drain/sewer pipes will put water where it shouldn't be.

What was the problem with the foundation that required repair 2 years ago? Did the company that help you with that determine what the cause of the problems were - and fix them?

Also, just as a side note, the toilet drain should be (and likely is) 3", not 2".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: