new gas range...problem?? or not??

Old 01-11-11, 04:31 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new gas range...problem?? or not??

Hello everyone. I took delivery of a Kenmore brand gas stove this morning. While hooking it up later today I noticed that one of the feeder lines coming off of the stove regulator (going to the cooktop, oven burner, or warming drawer) got kinked at the factory. My guess would be a falling tool did it. So my question is how significant is this? I can always ask Sears to bring me another one but I didn't know if that was necessary or not. I just figured that any crimping of the line might reduce the amount of the gas getting to that part of the unit and cause performance issues. The indentation is not that deep, but I have attached a link with two pictures of the damage below. Any thoughts/advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and have a great day.
-Ryan

Picasa Web Albums - Katie Fletcher - stove pics

Old 01-11-11, 05:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Ideally you want a perfect machine, and I am sure Sears would send you a new one without question if you sent them the same picture with a request. I don't think you will have any restrictions in this area. I was expecting a much deeper kink. It would be up to you if you wanted a new one.

Old 01-11-11, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Same thing happened with a refridge. Slight dent. It was on the side where I never saw it. I asked for $100 off. Got the check two weeks later.

That small kink will not affect anything. Ask for money off. If not have them send a new one. They will give the money. They dont want to send guys to remove/replace ect.... It costs them more.

You cant ask for two much money. Be resonable, even if they offer you $50.

Hope this helps.

Mike NJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: