Thermostatic valve question

Old 01-26-11, 06:20 AM
Thermostatic valve question

Hi,

I have a Price Pfister Thermostatic valve, model # 28288-0100, the problem I am having is the water is not hot enough in the shower. In the bathroom sink right next to the shower the hot water is scalding hot. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the "anti-scalding" feature of this valve?

The valve looks like this, I was thinking the two screws on either side would control the water flow... is this true? I cannot find any documentation on this valve.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-11, 08:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The two "screws" are shut off valves for repair work on the shower controls. You may need to replace the cartridge in the shower control. Without checking, I would think that you may be able to find more info on the needed part(s) by going to the manufacturer's web site.

Old 01-26-11, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
I dont think thats the part # Look here and which handle does it have?? Try to match it.

Single Control Valves Price pfister

Mike NJ

Old 01-26-11, 08:58 AM
This is my tub and shower trim:
Price Pfister Product Details - Contempra Trim - Tub and Shower (808-NC00)

The installation instruction do not even mention the valve, so that is why I am confused on how it works.

I got that part number from the valve itself, here is a picture of the valve.

Old 01-27-11, 12:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
hard to see in the picture, but most valves work the same and they have a disk that moves and hits a stopper. (possibly the white area in the center on the picture.) so you need to adjust the disk so it takes longer to hit the stopper. This will allow more hot water in the mixing valve.

Old 01-27-11, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the tip. There is another black piece (not in picture) that was inside that gear rotating thing in the picture. After cleaning that out last night, I figured out that is was the handle stopper and was limiting the hot water. Adjusted to it allow for the hottest water and man my shower this morning was good.

Thanks for the help.