Repairing a bathtub

Old 12-26-00, 09:36 AM
Visiting Guest
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could repair a cigarette burn in a fiberglass bathtub?

Old 12-26-00, 10:04 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You might want to post this in the Boat Forum. Repairing a cigarette burn in a fiberglass tub is like repairing a chip in a fiberglass boat. Basically sanding out the damage and replacing the gel coat, but the Boat Guys can give you better guidance.

Rick

Old 12-26-00, 10:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

If it is not burned all the way through except for a hairline, you might be able to sand out the char and seal it with "appliance touchup".
This actually is made to touch up chips in bright white enamel appliances, and it dries hard as a rock.
I've used it for years to seal dings in our fiberglas tubs/showers. You can find it at most appliance or hardware stores.
It comes with a little cap brush like nail polish. Just make sure that the spot is clean and dry (I use a hair dryer for this). You may need to brush on 2-3 coats (let each dry overnight).
While the thick touchup liquid is still wet, smooth/neaten up the edges with acetone (nail polish remover) on a Q-tip.
Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: