Need a 3/4" PEX to 1/4" tubing recommendation

Old 02-17-11, 10:33 PM
Need a 3/4" PEX to 1/4" tubing recommendation

Our house has PEX piping throughout and while I have no issues with it, I'm having a hard time finding a solution to what I thought would be an easy DIY plumbing task.

I installed an under-the-counter water filter and used a saddle valve off the cold copper line to the faucet. I'm not a huge fan of saddle valves and I was in a hurry but now I'm thinking of cleaning up my install and doing it properly. I have a 3/4" PEX line that I would like to source from and connect to the 1/4" tubing that feeds the water filter.

My first thought was a 3/4" to 1/2" tee, crimped, and then 1/2" PEX to a reducing quick connector, 1/2" to 1/4". Then I'd connect the 1/4" tubing, maybe add a ball valve somewhere for good measure (John Guest makes a decent quick fit one.) My problem is that I cannot for the life of me find a quick-connect 1/2" to 1/4" reducer.

Does anyone know of a product or a better way to approach this (without soldering)?

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-11, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator
If you have standard 3/8 compression valves for your cutoffs to the faucet, they make tees that feed 3/8" straight thru with a 1/4" connection. Very simple, unscrew cold supply to faucet, screw on tee, connect faucet to top, connect filter to side.

Here's one type...PlumbingSupply.com - Quick tee adapters for ice makers, dishwashers, water filters and various other water supply lines your local home center or plumbing supply should have something similar.

Old 02-18-11, 06:47 AM
3/4 PEX to 1/2" copper, then 5/8 to 1/4 compression for the tubing. Keep it simple.

Old 02-18-11, 02:09 PM
It looks like this might solve my problem:
SharkBite 23336-0000LF Compression Angle Stop 1/2" x 1/4" OD - Lead Free SharkBitePlumbing.com

So brass 3/4" to 1/2" tee, crimped, then 1/2" PEX to the angle-stop above, and finally 1/4" tubing to the water filter.

Thanks guys.

Old 02-18-11, 04:02 PM
That'll work. Whatever it takes to use the fewest # of fittings to get from the PEX to the 1/4" tubing.

Old 02-18-11, 08:50 PM
Will do. Thank you again for the info, much appreciated.