pvc pipes leaking where they come through the cement floor

Old 02-26-11, 05:33 PM
X
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pvc pipes leaking where they come through the cement floor

I probably didn't explain that right..my pvc pipes that come from my well pass through a 4 inch plastic pipe in the floor. I filled the hole as far down as I could with that hydraulic type cement. Looked like it should work but water still leaks around the edge of the pvc pipes and the cement. Is there anything at all I can put around those pipes to stop them from leaking? Leaks between the pipe and the cement. Any ideas or suggestions of what I can put around those pipes to keep them from leaking?
Thanks for the help.
Joe B

Old 02-26-11, 06:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Probably could have before you put in the hydraulic cement, but now, it may be impossible. Where is the water coming from? Broken pipe, ground water? Sealing the 4" pipe at the other end would have been a better solution, but would probably have required some digging to get to. Water is most difficult to stop on it's lee side, and is better stopped at it's entrance point, or from the outside. That way the pressure of the water actually helps to keep it sealed.

Old 02-27-11, 11:28 AM
X
Not sure how far that 4 inch pvc pipe runs. Started leaking last year. Thought I fixed it with that hydraulic cement last year. Came back again when the snow melted this year. I can't imagine what it would take to find the leak in that pvc tube. Might have to dig the whole line up and thats a no go. I'll keep trying to find some sealant that will stop it. They are doing amazing things with chemicals now a days. Thanks for the reply though...

Old 02-27-11, 02:58 PM
Sounds like you have a ground water leak, if so what you are doing will never stop the leak

Old 02-28-11, 09:31 AM
L
I would be VERY CAREFUL about using any chemicals around the PVC pipe. You will have a real mess if you put something in contact with the pipe that destroys it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: