Remove Copper Pipe In Order To Remove Dishwasher

Old 03-18-11, 11:14 AM
Y
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Remove Copper Pipe In Order To Remove Dishwasher

We're renting. Long story short. Dishwasher is full of water and doesn't work. We checked the hose and didn't see any blockages. It could probably be the solenoid, we don't know. Landlord doesn't care. We want to buy a new one and bring it with us when/if we move. We removed the kickplate and there's a copper pipe sticking out of the floor and then goes into the inlet valve of the dishwasher. We need to replace that dishwasher but we don't know how to go about it with the copper pipe in the way. My wife's disabled, so it's more difficult for her to lift and hold the dishes to do them by hand. (Yes, I help but still....). Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-11, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You have to find where the shut off is for that pipe, shut off the water, then cut it off so you can get the existing dish washer out of the way, your new dish washer will need to tie into that pipe so don't cut it off too short

Old 03-18-11, 06:18 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Since you are in a rental, I must assume that the landlord owns the dishwasher. If you remove it, be prepared to either reinstall it if/when you leave or plan to leave the replacement.