outside faucet leaks

Old 04-22-11, 04:53 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
outside faucet leaks

I have a Woodford model #17 anti-syphon outside faucet that leaks out of the top. I took the cap off and I can't get the assembly out of there, looks like I'll tear it up getting it out of there. Does it unscrew out of there, or just pop off.

Old 04-22-11, 05:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
The best solution is to replace the entire stem assembly. They are sold separately. Of course taking your old one would be a boost, but do it on a day when you can turn the water off to the house, unless this has a separate shut off (hopefully there was some foresight). Of course, you have the model number, so it may be as simple as asking for one at a plumbing supply house.

Old 04-22-11, 08:15 AM
W
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I'm not familiar with this faucet but it looks like a special tool may be needed to pull the valve stem.

Old 04-22-11, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
I have a Woodford model #17 anti-syphon outside faucet that leaks out of the top
The vacuum part is leaking. You got the cap off, GOOD.

They other platic part unscrews. Use a pliers and grab the top and turn. The thing I cant remember if this part is reverse threads or not. It may turn CCW or CW.

Somtime the little washer in there on the plastic piece gets ****-eyed in there and just needs adjustment.

Sometime you can just turn that washer around and re-install.

Another issue is if the hose was left hooked up in the winter, that part is the first to freeze and crack.

Alot of homeowner say its frost free. It is but if you leave the hose hooked up in winter the water cant drain out.

Mike NJ

Old 04-23-11, 06:33 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much guys !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: