Moen kitchen faucet

Old 05-07-11, 08:39 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moen kitchen faucet

Good Evening,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Anyway I have a Moen Kitchen faucet the spout is a high rise & the lever for hot & cold sits off to the side. What it is doing is everytime I get water out of her she keeps dripping for a good ten to 15 min. the drips come in about 30sec. to one min. intervals. Then she stops so it is not a constant drip but what this does is the next time I use her she bangs which I think is comming from the spray on the other side of the faucet but not sure it seems like air get in her or the drips are from the hose of the sprayer I'm not sure. All I know is I want to try a new cartrage but am not sure since she does not leak all the time that would fix it!. If anyone could help me figure this out should I try a cartrage or is it from the hose to the sprayer or whatever. It would be a GREAT HELP!.
Thank you for your time!
Will,

Old 05-07-11, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
After you use the faucet turn off the water, then use the spray with the water off. It should relieve the pressure on the spray.

Did the drip stop?

It sound like the check valve in the spout. If you remove the spout there is a check valve in there. Needs a tool to get out. Its a pain.

If the drip occurs but stops if you move the handle to a different position its the cartridge. But from what you describe I feel its the check valve in the spout. This diverts the water for the spray. The drip is all the water siphoning from the spray hose.

My advice is call moen and tell them. I bet you they send you a whole new faucet at no charge.

Hope that helps.

How ya been grumpy?

Mike NJ

Old 05-11-11, 09:50 AM
G
Hey Mike,
Well I haven't been drag racing anymore LOL!. Grumpy is for my man Bill Jenkins (Grumpy's toys love Chevrolet's) Wow this sounds complicated do you know the tool I would need?. I wouldn't even know how to take the spout off!. I bought this on ebay about three years ago so not sure if Moen would even do anything about it. I know you must be right cause if I hold the spray down you can feel it I think I would have to try to fix her. I'm going to have to try what you said. I know one thing I when I put her in the force of the water was so great I had to turn the shut offs about a 1/4 of a turn & that is where they have been. Another thing I don't even know the name of the faucet I have been looking all over for the instructions that came with her but like everything else I lost them.
To take the spout off does this mean I have to get under the sink?. I would not mind but it sounds like it's going to explode!.
If I'm reading this right no matter where the handel is once I use it she drips!.
If you can just answer these few questions it would be a great help!. Thank you for your help!.
Will,

Old 05-11-11, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
Turn the valves back open. It may be the cause.

Try that first.

I know a "grumpys toy" near me. Its the name on his harley tank. Trike. Also Jenkins racing here on the short tracks. (Wall stadium NJ) Good friends with him.

Coincidence?????

Mike NJ

Old 05-13-11, 10:09 PM
G
Hi Mike,
please read my correction when you get a minute Thank you!. Are you telling me you know Bill Jenkins personally?. Dam if so your my Hero if I seen him in person I would probably run the other way. Can I ask you what he is like?. I was told the reason why he got the nick name Grumpy is because he is so smart when it comes to engine building no one can understand him?. Don't know if this is true but I have pictures of him his cars all over my room. Dam your lucky i only seen him once for a very far distance friends tried to get me over to him but my knees got weak it's like what would I say to him!.
Anyway I made a mistake the faucet is not a Moen it is a Kohler!. I wrote the company a few days ago got a responce & they said that is not one of there's (this is why I ran in the opposite direction I can't even get a faucet name right!) sure enough the guy from Moen was right after taking a better look at her it says on her Kohler. So having said that I'm going to try everything you said tomorrow no work but I really don't know where or how to get to the diverter?. I have been reading everything on the web & they make it sound so easy but the pictures stink & I have been burnt in the past by them making it look so easy!.
Like those car shows everything comes out by hand you can eat off the floor & they never get there hands dirty you know. Then you do it & next thing you know your eating a ton of rust there is a rat running by you & finally you break the head of the bolt off & the stud is to deep to get vise grips on so you know the rest.
Anyway I'll let you know how I make out cause this thing sounds like the pipes are going to break & with me doing the soldering they will!.
Thank you so very much for your help!
Will,

Old 05-13-11, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
Try opening the valves under the sink all the way. The lower pressure may be causing your issue.

Dont want to get off topic but.

Your talking about this guy....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Jenkins_(dragracer)

I am talking short track, Al and Chris Jenkins

Here is his car owned by Jenkens. # 45 in the pic. He dont drive no more, but puts younger drivers in them. Thats not him in the pic. Its the driver. I think thats the last time he won. The driver credits the him at least. He put $10,000 in that motor on that car. My neighbor was a driver yrs ago, and thats how I meet him.

This was last July. They keep closing this darn track. Owner sold out. Then it opens for some races then closes.

Wall Stadium - Race Results (7/31/2010)

Hey at least we still have Raceway park. Only a local knows the opening sound when you open the page.

World class drag racing, motocross racing, monster truck shows and other exciting things to do in New Jersey at Raceway Park, Englishtown NJ

Mike NJ

Last edited by lawrosa; 05-13-11 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-24-11, 08:53 PM
G
Hey Mike,
I hear u here where I live we have one of the oldest tracks 1/4 miles in the country. I was told that at one time all the big names use to race there. ESTA Safety Park the shut down is way to short for todays cars so she is no longer a sanctioned strip the grandstand is original as is the tower & for $10. it buys u a pit pass. Many of Sundays I raced my 70 Camaro SS out there she has a charm about her. Never took my 70 Chevelle SS there as she is all original & my 57 Bel-air Gasser I just worry she would end up in the swamp as the shut down like I said is very short.
The bad part big legal fight since I know the owner somewhat they went to court as the nighbours wanted her shut down. From what he told me a new single woman bought the house across the road her vote would of been the deciding vote.
She told all the nighbours she too wanted it shut down & like everywhere else a housing development put up. The day of the case she had lied to the other nighbours she loves hearing the rides smelling the tire smoke so needless to say she got free passes for life but I am afraid someday she will be just a memory & I can see it now they will build that development but leave the tower standing at the entrance to the development.
Why is the a court order came down & the owner who owns her now & is running out of money can not sell it to anyone if it is sold she will be shut down & I have a feeling once God forbid he passes on his kids will sell her & she will be gone forever oh u might see some of the strip or the tower or the old Coke stand in weeds but you won't see cars run there anymore & that is very sad as I remember her from as far back as H.S. I guess she was built in the late 50's & the kids today will have nowhere to go so they will race on the streets!. Just ashame but I have that feeling but u can't help looking at her & thinking of all the cars that ran there.
Sorry for getting sentimental.
About the faucet I called Kohler Warranty line talked to a Linda very nice person she is sending me a new diverter & cartrage & also that piece (I forgot the name!) that sits under the spout as I put a lot of thick tape on it but still chewed it up. I told her I would pay for that part since it was my fault but she said no it is all warranted for life.
The old one is all apart & out of the sink it will take 5-7 days for the new parts & if they are not right as I lost the book on her Kohler will pay for the shipping to return it & Linda said ask for her & we will figure what model u have but she is almost 99% sure this is the model once I read her the part numbers. That diverter you were right is not the easiest thing to get to & what makes it even harder is I live here a lone so I had to & am going to have to hold the spout up while trying to screw the screws back in that hold the spout up I figure it has to be one of these two parts I hope!.
Will,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: