Slow down water flow on bathroom sink

Old 05-09-11, 12:39 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Slow down water flow on bathroom sink

The water pressure in my house is nice and high which is great most of the time... except for the bathroom sink. Because the pressure is so high, the water splashes out of the sink when turned on full open.

Is there any way to correct this without putting in a reducer for the whole house? Can I just put another aeration screen in the faucet head? Will that slow things down at all? Do they make lower flow screens?

Old 05-09-11, 03:31 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
Open the cabinet and look underneath the sink. There is a good chance you have a shutoff valve on the hot & cold line feeding the faucet. If so you can close them to get the flow you want. If you don't have shutoff valves this would be a good excuse to install them.

Old 05-09-11, 04:21 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That was the first thing I did but, it was loud. The water flow through those half closed valves sounded like an underwater whistle.

Old 05-09-11, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Get the 1 gpm areators. Dont get the spray type that spray like a shower. They will splash more. Get the kind that aerate.

I got mine from here. I had septic issues and bought the 1 gpm aerators and 1.25 gpm shower heads. They shipped fast. They were out of the kitchen one and e mailed me to say they were out. They upgraded to a slightly better aerator with a little hands free lever on it.

Neoperl 121200 1.0 GPM Chrome Perlator Aerator - Regular, Dual Thread | Neoperl Products | GP Conservation Products

Mike NJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: