Muller global sillcoc-anti siphon frost free 1/2mip& 1/2 solder

Old 05-14-11, 08:50 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muller global sillcoc-anti siphon frost free 1/2mip& 1/2 solder

I just installed maybe about 6 or 7 months ago.Really didn't want the anti-siphon but only one they had that fit(length).The water is coming out of the anti-siphon part on top.Is there a way of fixing or at least to plug so I never have to deal with this again.If I do fix will this go bad in a few months again.It took a long time to install (hard to get to)so I really don't want to replace unless I have to.

Old 05-14-11, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Hi.

If its a standard anti siphon, the top just pops off. Then the anti siphon part uncrews. There is a washer in there. Sometimes the washer can get sideways. Its attached to a little plastic piece under the threaded part you remove.

The biggest cause is freezing. Eventhough its frostfree you have to disconnect the hose in the winter. If you dont the water does not drain. If thats the cause you are probably lucky if thats all that got damaged.

You need to get a repair kit.

You probably cant plug it. I cant remember if the threads are reversed. You will know when you remove it. Also I believe its not a standard size, and the thread pattern may be hard to match.

Mike NJ

Old 05-14-11, 03:32 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help.The top plastic screwed off and under that was for a better wording-- a very small coffee table with a dimple in the center that held a soft washer. One of the legs wasn't sitting right,all I had to do was reposition the legs the right way and now no water comes out. Comes Monday I'm taking the plastic that I screwed off and seeing if I can get a plug of some sort.

Originally Posted by lawrosa View Post
Hi.

If its a standard anti siphon, the top just pops off. Then the anti siphon part uncrews. There is a washer in there. Sometimes the washer can get sideways. Its attached to a little plastic piece under the threaded part you remove.

The biggest cause is freezing. Eventhough its frostfree you have to disconnect the hose in the winter. If you dont the water does not drain. If thats the cause you are probably lucky if thats all that got damaged.

You need to get a repair kit.

You probably cant plug it. I cant remember if the threads are reversed. You will know when you remove it. Also I believe its not a standard size, and the thread pattern may be hard to match.

Mike NJ

Old 05-14-11, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
I'm taking the plastic that I screwed off and seeing if I can get a plug of some sort.
Just a FYI, the anti-siphon is good to have and required by code

Its designed so poisonous water does not get into your drinking water. If you left a hose out in the yard, and it was sitting in standing water, that water can get in you home if there was a loss of water pressure.

Just bringing it to your attention.

Mike NJ

Old 05-14-11, 05:14 PM
W
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike - Anti siphon is not a code requirement in all areas.

I also don't understand why people keep investing in ovenpriced frost free hose bibs. An inboard isolation valve is all that's needed.

Old 05-14-11, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
I will have to check the code. I know in NJ its code. Possibly its only local or state jurisdictions.

I think all hose bibs should have them. A few dollars may save you from getting sick, or dead. They make them for a reason.

Mike NJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: