Need help Please!!

Old 06-03-11, 10:57 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help Please!!

Hi guys I live in phoenix az, and my house is slab on grade. The house was built in 2004. About two days ago my wife started to notice that the water in the drains in the kitchen were not going down good, and were taking along time to go down. I just found out now that she had put lemons down the garbage disposal.( I dont know if that would hurt it or not) We have a center island in our kitchen and I noticed water on the floor by it. I removed the center island and there was water on the floor, where the island normally sits. There is a hole in the concrete where there is an electrical pipe with romex coming out of it to supply the center island, and I noticed water coming from it,but it does not have any plumbing going to it. So I cleaned up the water and it came right back. I cleaned it up with a towel and waited and, no water. Then I plugged up the kitchen sink and filled it up with water. I let the plug go and the water started to come up from where the electrical pipe is. This to me sounds like a broken drain under my slab that is sending water up through this electrical pipe. What should I do? Should I try and snake out that drain (there is a clean out near by) or should I rent a snake camera and try to locate where the problem is first and then snake after that? My slab is a post tension slab, so I am really afraid of having to concrete cut it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.. Rob

Old 06-03-11, 11:36 AM
K
here are a couple of pics

Old 06-03-11, 11:40 AM
K
See if this works

Old 06-03-11, 11:52 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Old 06-03-11, 04:34 PM
K
Old 06-03-11, 04:44 PM
K
Old 06-03-11, 04:49 PM
K
Old 06-03-11, 06:06 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Problem one is that looks like NM-b not UF so you can't just seal the opening. My guess is they used EMT conduit and it rusted through. Now the water table is high enough to fill the conduit. Can you find where the cable came from? Does your water run in the attic or under the slab? Are your drains running slow or backing up?

Old 06-03-11, 08:21 PM
K
The pipe is under the slab, I was thiking of renting a camera snake to check it out.

The water is slow, real slow, but now backing up.

Old 06-03-11, 09:13 PM
N
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I think running a camera into that nearby clean-out is a good idea. It'll tell you what the problem is, and precisely where it is. And, pay the few dollars more to get a copy of that video inspection on VHS tape. That way, the plumber you hire can watch that tape and will know what the problem is and where it is before he even starts the repair.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: