low/no pressure on washer

Old 01-03-01, 02:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

The water pressure in my house is bad but bearable. we realize that eventually we'll have to replace all the pipes in the house but for now, like I said, it's bearable. We just bought a washer and dryer and well, let's just say that I can spit in the washer and fill it up faster than the water pours into it. What can I do short of tearing out all the plumbing to get it to run a little faster? The washer is the first set of faucets coming into the house. The hot water runs fine but the cold sucks. While the washer is doing its thing, the faucets in the bathroom and kitchen run fine. What can I do? Please help.

signed,

Flushstrated in D. C.

Old 01-03-01, 04:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

If you have old galvanized pipes, and just changed out your washer hose connections, you may have just dislodged some rust sediment that is clogging the screens in the end of the hoses at the spigots.
Turn off spigots, detach the hoses and clean out the little screens. Open the spigots into a bucket to flush them out before reconnecting hoses.
If that doesn't work, you may need to replace just those pipes feeding the water supplies to the washer. Galvanized pipes tend to clog the worst near the end of the pipes at shutoff points.
Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: