NYC Excavation

Old 07-21-11, 12:11 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
NYC Excavation

Im going through with an excavation job with ***** soon. They replacing the entire sewer line from the front of the house to the main city sewer line, and replacing/repaving any ground disturbed. They quoted me $9400, is that a reasonable price?

my other question is regarding a check valve. im on the lowest end of the street, and lower than my street is the LIRR. [anyone familiar with calamus ave through elmhurst, qns?] I asked the rep from ***** about installing the check valve, which they said they can do, however he stated that I would need to get a local plumber to redirect all the meter lines to outflow from the house as well. or else the check valve will not help, since it will just back up into the meter lines? He said I would need a local plumber to have the meter lines worked and made sure it has no area drains or somehting like that. I tried to piece it together, but most of it I didnt really understand. I thought the check valve can be installed with the new sewer pipe, and it can do its job just like that. any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. im trying to go through with this job by Monday...

thanks in advance all...

Danny

Last edited by Gunguy45; 07-21-11 at 12:33 PM. Reason: removed company name
Old 07-21-11, 06:07 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It sounds like they are telling you that you will need to put a check valve on you water supply lines coming into the house if you put one on your sewer. I'm not exactly sure why that is because the two systems are not directly connected.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: