Leaking Hose Bib

Old 07-26-11, 10:52 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leaking Hose Bib

I have a leaking hose bib that I cannot figure out. It is some sort of anti-freeze sillcock that I have not been able to identify with pics from various websites. This has a movable black outer flange, with directions stating: move up to drain faucet. When the flange is moved up, there are numerous holes visible, which, I'm guessing, allow the water to drain out of the end of the faucet, once the faucet is turned off. This flange no longer seals tightly. When my hose is attached, and the water turned on, there is so much water leakage at the join that I have absolutely no water pressure at the end of the hose. Attempts to reseat this flange do nothing to stop the leak. In looking at this, I can not figure out how to take this apart to either replace it or just get rid of it. I live in southern Va where we do get some "freezing temps", but nothing generally below 15deg F or for any length of time. Thank you for any solutions.

Old 07-26-11, 05:48 PM
Z
Received 124 Upvotes on 115 Posts
hi jennie –

T-550,Quarter Turn Frostfree Sillcocks - Sill Cocks made by Legend Valve

I’m no expert, just a newbie. So I think you are saying that yours doesn’t look anything like the one in this picture (I installed one like the one in the picture). The black thing in the picture is wedged behind that flange (with the hole you can see in the picture) and the wall and I believe it's there so the unit slopes down a little and causes it to drain properly.

Is there any way those holes you are seeing are from a burst pipe? When pipes and valves freeze sometimes holes open up (I know unfortunately) . Just wondering if maybe they are hard to see and maybe they are not machined holes.

Probably not what you are seeing but maybe the picture will help for reference when the real experts pop in here to help you!

Good luck!

Old 07-27-11, 07:27 PM
J
Zoesdad;
Thank you so much for your reply. That is correct, what I have is nothing like the picture you sent. I will see if I can figure out how to add/send a picture. Under the movable flange, the holes are definitely machined, not from being worn/busted. (so far, can't figure out how to add pic). Thanks anyway.

Old 07-27-11, 11:11 PM

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: