A particular type of water softener loop

Old 08-05-11, 12:38 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A particular type of water softener loop

I don't currently have a loop except for the water main coming out of the garage wall, in from city, back into the wall to everything else. Directly behind this, (outside garage wall), I have pipes coming out of the ground for my sprinklers and a single pipe for?

I'd like to plumb to all inside the house, (yep, did my research and want to drink softened water), but I don't want to kill my plants by having softened water go to my sprinkler system.

My question: Should I cut a hole into my inside garage wall near the water main comes out and investigate for my "whole house loop", or ?

Researched the !@#$% outta this whole water softener thing and I think I'm finally onto my last question.

Thanks ahead for any help all!

Old 08-05-11, 12:52 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,182 Upvotes on 1,140 Posts
Welcome to the forums

If you want to get this hooked up correctly (you get to define what is correct ), you'll need to know where everything goes and connects and so on. In this case, it sounds like you may need to tear into that wall.

Might help if we had some pictures: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 08-05-11, 01:27 PM
H
Uploading pics

Thanks for reply, mitch17. I have pics in jpeg form. Read the help for posting, but didn't see how to post once you have a jpeg.

Anyway, I'd love to post pics. How do I upload a jpeg file from my computer?

Thanks.

Old 08-05-11, 02:20 PM
H
More on attachments

Below this posting field, I was looking for a "manage attachments" button, per the forum faq.

Instead I see, "You may not post attachments".

Old 08-05-11, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 70 Posts
You need to post pics to a free image host site like photobucket and then post the link to those photos here.

Mike NJ

Old 08-07-11, 05:07 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 357 Upvotes on 319 Posts
You'll need to figure out where the sprinkler main is tied into your water piping. It's probably just past the main shutoff. This is where you'll need to break that connection and send softened water to the house and hard water to your lawn.

Don't forget shutoff valves, and if you're dealing with metal piping, be sure to jumper the water softener with a #6 ground wire so your grounding paths stay intact!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: