installing 2" pvc offset showr drain

Old 10-05-11, 06:19 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
installing 2" pvc offset showr drain

because of center line difference of 1" need to use offset drain in new shower base. I have a slab floor, so it appears I will have to glue flange first then set on base. The question is... if I use silicone, can I get the flange tight enough without squeasing out all of the calk? thanks anybody. I'm new first time user

Old 10-05-11, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Hi,

I am not understanding the offset flange. I have never seen or used one for a 2" line.

The strainer you may be talking about gets installed to the shower base. Then that either glues to the pipe coming up, or slips through the strainer and a rubber donut seal it.

I fear you may need to start chipping cement, or move a wall to line the drain up.

But if you found something I am curious to see the product.

Mike NJ

Old 10-05-11, 07:18 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
the offset flange is a 2" glue fitting which than goes on the old 2" pvc stub. I used to have the doe nut type drain, but am trying to use the offset drain. the drain base glues on the stub, than the shower base is set on, then the flange gets screwed into the offset base under the shower pan. Normally, you caulk the flange than screw on the bottom portion, but because Im on a slab floor I do not want mount the flange on the shower base, than have to glue and line up the bottom of the offset base with the 2" stub pipe in the floor. Most drains which line up with the stub pipe use a shower drain that uses the round doenut type seal. My new base is 15' FROM BACK WALL OLD BASE WAS 16".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: