Any maintenance I need to do to water filter & water softener?

Old 10-14-11, 03:12 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any maintenance I need to do to water filter & water softener?

Hello,

I bought a used house in October 2009. The well water comes out of a blue Gould bladder tank into a Uniflex Components tank (shorter middle tank in foto) connected to a Maclean model MCA1001 water filter (right tank) which connects to a Meter model 1054 water softener (left tank).

Other than feed salt to the water softener, I have not done any service on the three units on the past two years. The water still appears clean and softened.

I don't know what the Uniflex Components Tank is used for. The info sticker on it is unreadable.

My question: should I service any of the units, replace or change out anything, and if I should, could someone tell me what is involved?

Many thanks.

Old 10-14-11, 04:30 PM
NJT
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi G,

Have you had your water tested since you moved in? (or as a condition of the home sale?)

Obviously since you have a salt tank, the one unit is a softener.

The other two could be a number of different treatment solutions, depending on what 'media' is installed in them. There may or may not be maintenance that needs performed.

I did a bit of googling and have found Uniflex associated with 3M company water products. But that really doesn't tell us much...

Can you get some closer shots of the 'head' that is on the Uniflex unit? Does it appear as though there is a 'fill tube' with a cap on an angle off the head? That may be a Calcite unit which adjusts the PH of your water.

Google around those model numbers some... but even if you find those models, it still won't really tell you what 'media' might be in them.

If I had to take a wild a55 guess, I would say that one is adjusting PH, one is for Iron, and the other we know is a softener.

Look around and see if there is any vendor information anywhere... who might have installed them, or serviced them... maybe a 'hang tag' with a name of a company?

Can you still contact the seller of the home? They may have some information on what was installed, and why.

It seems that Maclean is now part of the 3M group as well!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: