Leaking pipe under floor possibly????

Old 10-13-11, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaking pipe under floor possibly????

Hello,my husband is working overseas so Im clueless as to what is going on!Back in July I was running the water at kitchen sink and there was obviously a leak in the pipe underneath as the water came spilling out of the bottom cupboard all over the floor. We fixed the pipe and my floor is laminate so of course is swelled up and is ruined. Now Im noticing water seeping through the cracks of the laminate, i can push on the"seam" and water will come up. This may sound silly but could the water have been sitting there and seeps through or could i possibly have a leak somewhere under neath, I know nothing about where the pipes are?? Thanks so much,

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-11, 12:46 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't think you have a second leak. The water was probably sitting there. I doubt there is a pipe running under that floor unless there is baseboard heating & you just turned on the heat for the first time this year.

Old 10-13-11, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 32 Posts
Hi,

Dry up all the water best you can. Get a bright flashlight and look under the sink at the drain and water pipes. Visually inspect for wet areas.

If you dry the floor and all look dry under the sink, there is a possibilty you cound have a leak under the floor if you are on a slab. Crawl space? Basement?

It could just be residual water that originally leaked in the first place. You can still have a wet area under the kitchen cabinets that you cannot see or get to. It may take some time to dry.

Let us know.

Mike NJ

Old 10-14-11, 03:02 PM
Received 8 Votes on 6 Posts
Hi, a thing I was told long ago was always check the last thing you worked on. Dry the cabinet as best you can. Line the bottom with old newspaper then check for leaks. The paper will show a leak faster than the bottom of the cabinet.
Good Luck Woodbutcher