Mixing valve adjustment

Old 01-03-12, 08:26 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mixing valve adjustment

I am renovating an existing bathroom. I had a new shower mixing valve installed and told the plumber to base it on the shower receiving 1/2" cement board and 3/8" tile. Now that I am done installing the cement board, it turns out that the design calls for an 1/8" mosaic inset at the mixing valve, so the plaster ring is 1/4" proud of where it is supposed to be (i.e. so that the plaster ring protector on the valve is flush with the final finish.

My question is: (1) can I be a 1/4" off and still install the valve trim properly or (2) is there way to adjust the depth setting of the valve after the cement board is in?

Old 01-03-12, 07:53 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I assume you meant plastic ring & not plaster ring & I guess nobody read the shower body instructions first. I don't see how you can move the shower body after the cement board is installed. Can you remove that piece of cement board & adjust it now? You might get lucky & the 1/4" won't make a difference but I don't know if you want to take that chance. There maybe another piece of trim available that will compensate for the difference.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: