question on vent pipe removal

Old 01-12-12, 02:32 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
question on vent pipe removal

we are in the middle of doing a complete remodel on our house and i have to drains that will not be used anymore. one has not been in use since we got the house and the vent pipe has a clean-out that protrudes from the wall, can this clean-out be removed? can the entire vent pipe be removed and the drain be capped (plugged)? if so it will be in an inside wall that will not be accessible once dry wall is put back up. the other vent pipe runs up an outside wall and the drain will not be in use due to reconfiguration of the appliances, so can i do the same with this one? i have tried to find the answer in the plumbing code but i can not. also, i am built on a slab so just removal and re-plumb is not an option without digging up the slab so that is why i want to know if i can cap the pipes.
thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-12, 05:15 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As long as you're sure that no active drains need those vents then there's no reason you can't remove them. Just be sure you understand where everything is at and what drains are taking advantage of those vents.

My house used to have 5 kitchens so I've removed a lot of old plumbing .