need nice kitchen faucet without "quick link" fittings

Old 01-26-12, 04:33 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
need nice kitchen faucet without "quick link" fittings

We have ten yr old Price Pfister fancy "Marielle" kitchen faucet. My wife loves it and it looks good. However, I made the mistake of just TOUCHING the supply connector from the spray handle to the main faucet link. Drip drip drip... won't stop.

With advice from a retired plumber, I pulled the quick link off and put it back on. No luck.

I've written to PP but, since it is ten yrs old, don't really expect them to do anything about it.

I went looking for a replacement and seems that MOST new faucets have the quick link. We travel a lot and I cannot take a chance of even a drip type leak happening for a month or two while we are gone.

any suggestions on a faucet that doesn't use quick link arrangment? thanks R

p.s. I found a Delta, but the design doesn't work well due to a window behind the kitchen sink ( too high of a spout..blocks window)

Old 01-26-12, 05:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
PP for the most part has a lifetime warranty, so I wouldn't dismiss them too early. They will need the model number and will furnish parts needed. Quick link is a good design. You apparently have a bad one. I wouldn't leave pressurized water in a residence while I'm gone for any length of time anyway. That would be common sense. Let us know what PP has to say.

Old 01-27-12, 08:06 AM
R
thanks, as far as "leaving pressurized water" on...I have special situation that causes me to have to leave it on even though we both know it isn't my best choice.

Is there anyway to "fix" the Quick Link without removing the faucter/mixer valve? The line, in question is coming from the mixer valve to the main faucet connector..which also connects to the sprayer arm...now that I have looked at it more. thanks R

Old 07-22-14, 06:23 AM
J
Ditto on the quick connects from Pfister. Mine is 11 years old and they cannot be connected again after a repair without leaking. Repair means replacing the whole part they are in, and I'm awaiting my 2nd and 3rd shipments from Pfister - "free" but with shipping and handling charges of about $8 each, for 5 cent plastic quick connects.

If it was any sort of standard fitting connection it would have been fixed by now, for less.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: