Venting in basement without access to above floor

Old 03-18-12, 01:02 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Venting in basement without access to above floor

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to vent my macerating toilet pump on my basement floor. I have no access to the venting system on the floor above me and the device warns specifically that an air admittance valve can't be used for it's vent. I'm thinking I'll just vent very high on the soil stack, the only drawback to this is that sewage would have to rise 7' up through the soil stack until I have a problem correct?

Old 03-18-12, 01:24 PM
V
Vey
You can't run a pipe out and up the side of the house? That's what was done to old houses that were built before inside plumbing was common. Toilets, sinks and other new fangled plumbing things had their pipes outside, bolted to the side of the house.

Old 03-18-12, 01:40 PM
W
I guess that is a last resort option, sure doesn't look good... What is the maximum length that a vent can be?

Old 03-18-12, 05:43 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
What is the maximum length that a vent can be?
Depends on the size of the vent and what it is venting.

Old 03-18-12, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 69 Votes on 61 Posts
The ejector pump has a 2" vent correct?

You cant tie into the soil stack if there are other fixtures above that drain into that same stack. You must tie in the vent above the fl0od plane of any fixtures on that stack.

Best bet. if that is the case. is to run a 2" vent alongside that soil stack. Get into the attic then tie in the vent there.

There are many ways to get the vent up but depending on your layout of the home it may take some work.

Mike NJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: