plumbing 3 piece bath and kitchen sink into bathroom

Old 04-19-12, 10:13 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
plumbing 3 piece bath and kitchen sink into basement

Hi, I'm new here ans I just thought I'd ask if anyone can help me with a question I have. We are planning on finishing our basement and are working on plans now. The drain to the septic is over head so we will be using a macerating pump (i've been looking at Saniflo, but if you have any other recommendations please let me know). All of the water lines, vents and drain pipes run very close to where I want to put the bathroom and the kitchen sink would be on the other side of the bathroom wall. The macerating pumps I'm looking at are made for either kitchens or baths, with 3 inlets (toilet, sink shower) but not both. Is it posible to run the drain from the kitchen sink into the shower drain? or will I need a grey water pump for that sink alone?

thanks for any help!

Old 04-20-12, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
It sounds like your going to install I high use bath and kitchen? Possibly an apartment?

IMO I would stay away from the Saniflo. You will have issues with its 3/4 discharge.

I would use a regular ejector system if I were you.

The Saniflo units are good for a extrabasement bathroom for a area where you have say, Beer night/ card night with the boys and only #1 is going down the toilet.

Mike NJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: