Shower balancing valave

Old 01-21-01, 12:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi all, I have a Moen shower valve that I have to almost put at the hottest setting to maintain a safe temperature. The water heaters are set to 135 degrees and the temp stays constant throughout the shower, I just have to start it way to the hot side. I would like to adjust this setting if at all possible. Thx in advance for any help you can give me.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-01, 01:06 PM
I don't see what your saying here, you have to give time for the hot water to reach the valve anyways. So making a change on the valve is not going to make the hot water get there any faster.

Old 01-21-01, 05:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Sorry about the confusion. I put the control all the way to the hot side and it will barely get hotter than i can stand. The problem that occurs is when the hot water starts to run out, I can't set the control hot enough to get a hot shower. I can go to a lav in the bathroom or the kitchen sink and get plenty of "too hot" hot water. Would just like to be able to adjust the control valve back too "center".

Old 01-21-01, 05:55 PM
Take the handle off, behind the handle you might find a temp set stop attached, remove it and see if that allows you to move the handle more then you were able to.