Loud Moaning Pipes After Hot Water Turns Off?? Please Help

Old 01-22-01, 07:10 PM
Visiting Guest
When you turn the hot water off in my house the pipes let out a loud horrible moaning sound from the basement. It seems to have started since it got cold outside. The house is twelve years old and I assume that the hot water heater is just as old. Does anyone have any suggestions. I could really use some help. Thanks in advance.
Matt

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-01, 08:21 PM
I don't have a clue for this problem, maybe someone else will. I would have to hear this to give it any thoughts.

Old 01-22-01, 08:50 PM
Your post said it moans when you turn the hot water off. Is that correct? If it moans when you turn the hot water on, that is a different problem. Just checking that you were right in your post.

Old 01-22-01, 08:57 PM
Give us some more info, does this happen after the faucet/s are fully shut off, or do you hear this sound just before the faucet/s fully shut down?

Old 01-23-01, 03:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Moaning Pipes Additional Info

It moans just when you turn the hot water pipes off. It even does it now when my humidifier turns on to use a little bit of hot water. It sounds like a fog horn. Thanks for all the interest.
Matt

Old 01-23-01, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a water pressure problem. Check this thread for a potential solution.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...threadid=47099