bathroom sink hanger

Old 01-25-01, 05:34 AM
Visiting Guest
The bathroom sink is attached to the wall with a metal hanger. The hanger is now 50 years old and has rusted. The rust and someone's force managed to break a piece of the back of the sink. I can move the sink over to hang it on another part, however I think it would be a good idea to replace the hanger. There are about 8 long wood screws holding the plate in the wall and they won't budge (flat head). How do I get the hanger plate off (there are tiles around it) and where do I purchase a new hanger plate???

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-01, 08:09 AM
When you do get the hanger off the wall take it to a local plumbing supply house, they can order you a new one like it, as for the screws, well, all I can say is use the correct size tip, if a large slot, use the biggest slot tip screwdriver you can find for it, keep it straight and level to the the slot on the screw, apply pressure and turn it out nice and slowly, if you can get it out just far enough to lock vise grips on the head of it, then finish taking it out with it.

Old 01-25-01, 09:19 AM
You might want to try tightening the screws first, as they are probably encrusted in the mud that hold the tile to the wall. If you can tighten it a little bit, it will probably break loose.