leaking tub faucet

Reply

  #1  
Old 01-25-01, 06:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I have a dual handle control bathtub faucet that leaks. At first, I thought it didnt really leak all that much, but when I put a bucket under it, I can see that it is leaking about a gallon every two hours. The water is leaking from the faucet, not the shower head. I have no ide what brand it is. I am somewhat handy around the house (I have replaced garbage disposals, kitchen sinks, etc.) but I have never dealt with bathtub faucets. I am not sure how to remove the handles or how to fix the leak. Any tips? Also,when am taking a shower, only about 85% of the water is coming through the shower head. The other 15% is coming out of the faucet. How can I get 100% of the water to come through the shower head (like it used to do a month ago)?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-25-01, 06:46 PM
Member
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lake Murray, SC USA
Posts: 1,461
See the previous post on this same problem at

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...threadid=47698

This will fix your dripping faucet.

As to getting all of the water back through the shower, if you have a tub spout with the diverter on the spout, you need to replace it. There is usually a set screw on the bottom of the spout that you need to loosen, and then it will just pull off. You can buy a replacement for about $6.00

 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes